hello i have the yamaha rx-2500 as well as the vp150 m60's qs8 and ep500, i have had this combination for around 2 months now , and i love it
however i did make a few mistakes at first, be sure to set the yamaha to the correct ohm setting for your speakers , at first i had mine set to 8ohms which caused a slight hiss from my qs8's , i corrected this by setting the yamaha to 6 ohm's, also be sure to connect your dvd player to the reciever with the optical or digital coax connection, and read the manual that came with your dvd player for the best setting- i ended picking up the oppo 971 which works great with my yamaha
i'll have to admit at first i thought the axioms sounded harsh(bright) my wife would say tinny but after around 30 hours break in they now sound fantastic, i wouldn't give them up for anything, my favourite is the ep500 i just love how i can now feel the movie
the yamaha and the axioms definitly work well togethor just give them that 30 hour break in and im sure you will be in love