Hi roliva, and welcome.

As was said to me when I was a newbie a couple of months ago, congratulations on your excellent choice of speakers. The Axioms will definitely be the biggest reason you will have a kickass HT.

I too am roughly in the same budget territory as you on receivers. I considered the Denon 3806 most before drifting over to Marantz and Arcam for a while. I listened to a Marantz receiver (can't recall which one, exactly) with the M80s and it was great - very transparent, very clean. Not bright.

The Arcam AVR300 is a bit over your budget ($1999) but it gets phenomenal reviews. I heard it, but not with Axioms. There is also an AVR200 that may be within your budget. I think it is $1499.

Now I am actually about to purchase the Outlaw Audio 990 preamp processor and the 7125 amplifier. My first venture into separates! That combination would also be over your budget, but may I suggest you consider the 1070 receiver? It also gets phenomenal reviews, and at only $899, it is a giant-killer. Like Axiom, Outlaw is a well-respected internet-only company that sells hifi without a middleman (bargain!) and with a 30-day no-obligation home trial.

Anyway, you are in an exciting time as you outfit your HT. Enjoy!

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.