I think we will "agree to disagree". I also think we can see the others point of view, and I respect the fact we both have open minds about it.

I think you misunderstood me. I in know way proposed that the amp was the main piece. I have always and will always recommend favouring the source. Good speakers and bad source will let you hear with uncanny accuracy how flawed the source is. If I may, putting a Chevette engine into a Porsche does not give you Porsche quality and performance. The limitations will be all too clear....(gee, that was fun!!!I thinks' I be dramtizin' more in da future!!!)
The nature of this beast is that it is personal, and subjective.

The one thing I would like to comment on is that it is more than theorectical that source makes the biggest impact. Simply line up pieces from different price points (assuming the higher priced are in fact better...as I discussed in the last post, this is not always the case), set them up and listen. This can be in your house, my house or the local dealer. It will be proven.

Magazines,...well another source of information that provides opinions. But really, can you trust magazines that praise everything, or slam everything? Not everything in the world is that defined.

Anyway, nice chatting with you.

Regards,

BBIBH