DISCLAIMER: This speaker was a test of the new packaging of the VS series from a cold climate to a warm one. The finish may not be indicative of the current finishes, so please keep that in mind. In my opinion the test was successful as I found no visual indication of any effects during shipment.

I have been working with wood for over 45 years now and was very anxious to see how Ian and his team would accomplish producing a line of wood veneer speakers using the same speaker cabinet design, since none of the Axiom line have four simple corners. The more I thought about the complexities of doing this with veneer the questions continued to increase, to the point of deciding to make a trip to the factory (Dec/05) to see how it would be accomplished.
Axiom has managed to replace the vinyl with wood so well that it has the same seamless appearance, as a wood worker this to me is far from a simple task, but Axiom has once again done an amazing job. Any person that has a love of wood now has that option with the VS series, and considering the additional labor cost, the additional cost is more than worth it once you see a VS speaker.

Personally I give the VS series a FIVE STAR rating and to all at Axiom a congratulations on what I expect to be another product that will receive many awards. Also for Joe goes my deepest appreciation for all of his time and effort he devoted to making the experience of purchasing any of this new line a very personal and memorable one for any customer.