Hi John; I did not go too much in details for my situation, always thinking that nobody would remember my setup "prior" to the problem: I have moved to a temporary rental apartment provided from the developer until the condo I purchased is built (they expect it around June), thus my "old" setup in the new conditions. The only change is that I don't have satellite tv anymore (not my choice) but Cox cable, at least until I move to my own place.

Also, from some research I did, it seems that cable signal is the problem. It appears like the cable signal causes a "ground loop" hum to my RC-1070 transmitted throught my TV. I called cable company as well and they were not that helpfull. The good news is I can play CD like before, can play dvd without noise but only if I unplug all cables going from the cable box to the TV. A little inconvenient you can see. The other good news is that I will not stay here forever (scary to think about another move!!). However, any advice on how to get rid of this hum would be appreciated.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3