Will I buy the new/old versions? I don't know. I grew up with the originals, just as you guys did. And they were certainly magical. We used to have Star Wars marathons on snow days - fastforwarding to the cool parts, then going outside and recreating the Hoth battle in the snow... great times.

But since then, I think I've become too cerebral about the movies - wanting to know more and consume more.... The problem of course being that magic rarely holds up on close inspection. Very soon, you start to see the smoke and mirrors...

I am not sure if I like the older versions as much as the newr versions (some cringe-worthy edits aside - mostly done with new digital additions)...

The jury is still out on whether I will buy - though I probably will do so, just for the sake of being a completist.

One parting shot, though, that really chaps my ass - I remember a few years ago, when I signed the 'Original Trilogy on DVD' petition, the response from Lucas' camp was that these versions simply DIDN'T EXIST and that it would be impossible to put these on DVD, since the source fotoage was so far gone.... then, lo and behold, once the 6 movies are done, and the star wars train is slowing to a whimpering chug, what comes out of left field? That's right, the long lost footage that makes these versions possible. How convenient. I feel lied to and cheated, all so George can build add to his already Hearst-like wealth.