Hi,

I haven’t posted for a few years…but I’ve lurked occasionally since then.

I was hoping to get some recommendations for a great sounding DVD player for my two-channel music/home theater system.

My current gear is:

Axiom M-60ti’s
Yamaha AX-596 integrated amp
Toshiba 26-inch HDTV (HDMI compatible)
& an older Samsung DVD player (to be replaced)

I watch maybe 2 movies a week but basically I live for music.

If I’m home then my stereo is on. My taste in music is mostly rock with some favorite bands being Gomez, Uncle Tupelo, Spoon, The Replacements, and Radiohead. I’m also a big John Lee Hooker fan. I’m starting to develop an appreciation for jazz too, and have started to get a collection of Miles Davis and John Coltrane discs going.

I guess what I’m looking for ideally is something that has SACD capability, single disc is fine, and HDCD decoding would be a bonus but not a requirement. My current DVD player is OK with regards for sound, but I just feel like I’m missing something. A few years back I had a Cambridge Audio D500SE cd player and I regret selling it.

Obviously something with great DVD picture quality is nice, but my main focus is on the music. I’ve thought about buying a dedicated CD player but I like the idea of having ‘1 box’ to do it all.

Budget wise I’d be looking at staying below $600 and would consider new or used.

Any input is appreciated.