I am very interested in the Architectural Series speakers, but have some fundamental questions that need resolving.

These speakers seem to be regarded as an asthetic choice, a "lifestyle" speaker intended to blend well with a flat-panel home theater system. It seems to me that these speakers offer significantly more than just visually matching a flat-panel display.

Don't these speakers offer a SIGNIFICANT acoustic advantage over the floor standing speakers? To clarify: regular speakers are subject to acoustic maladies if they are placed too close to a wall, or too symmetrically at a corner. Being too close to a wall causes problems not only for rear-porting but also can cause a "comb-filter" effect due to intereference between direct and wall-reflected sound.

Doesn't the in-wall/on-wall speaker eliminate these issues as a consideration? Freeing the user from these placement issues seems to be a BIG advantage if this is in fact true.

Another question: how much sound can I expect on the other side of the wall? More than a free standing speaker placed right up against the wall? That seems to be an important issue as well that I have not seen addressed.

Thanks for any thoughts on these issues!