I received my factory outlet order on Monday. DHL really did a job on the boxes but all speakers arrived without a scratch.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in choosing my first HT system. I will now be pestering you to help get it performing to the best of its ability as I am very much a novice in this area.

I have everything hooked up now and I am trying to calibrate. I used the Denon auto set-up with the mic., but did not like the results. It automatically set my fronts to large and I can barely hear/feel my sub. and rarely do I hear anything from the surrounds. From what I have been reading here, most were recommending setting all the speakers to small and letting the sub handle the LFE’s. I know that the surrounds are supposed to be subtle but mine are almost non existent.

I have an SPL meter (never have used it) and started going thru the Avia audio calibrations but ran into a problem. The pink noise for the surrounds came from the mains. Not sure why since the pink noise from the Denon auto set-up came from the correct surrounds. It was getting too late and I gave up for the night.

Has anyone used the Denon mic with favorable results? Am I doing something wrong? Anyone want to come over for a few beers and play?

I will post pictures after I clear out all the boxes.

M80’s
VP150
QS8’s
SVS 20-39 PC-Plus
Sony 60” SXRD
Denon 3805

M80's QS8's VP150 SVS 20-39 PC-Plus Sony 60" SXRD Denon 3805