I'd love to graph the room John, I'm just not sure how to go about doing this ... keeping in mind that PCs are far from my expertise.

Audibly, in the sweet spot there seems to be just a very minute loss of bass as opposed to the rest of the room, even just standing in the sweet spot I can hear a very slight difference. In my 25' x 14' room I have the couch 9' from the back wall, which going by the 38% rule is where it should be positioned for the flattest response ... I'm thinking the ceiling may be causing the oh so slight bass loss and am hoping the traps may tighten and tame the bass just enough to change that slightest difference. I've tried moving the couch forward and backwards and this position seems to produce the best overall sound.

Luckily I believe I have a very good acoustic room overall but I'd like to maybe tighten the bass up just a very small amount and I believe the traps may help. And also believe me whenever I tell you that I typically don't fall for the snake oil stuff but have read enough to believe it's worth a try.

Now, how do I graph the room again?

Rick
Our Room

smile