So, after waiting an excruciatingly long 7 weeks and 4 days my M60's finally arrived. The one has a noticeable scratch on the side but not so bad as to outweigh the benefit of saving 10%.

I was a bit worried that after 7 weeks of anticipation that they would fall short of my ever-increasing expectations. I am happy to report that the opposite is true - they sound better than I remember them sounding.

I will state, as I have before, that I do not see how they can be considered by some to a) lack bass, and b) be bright sounding. I made it through about 60 seconds of the first test song before the neighbour came up to inquire. I spent some time afterwards tacking things down in her apartment. It was actually just the vibrations of one wall mounted mirror that was bothering her. We fixed that and established what was an agreeable volume that I could get away with.

Anyhow, I just thought that I would share my excitement here. Having only listened for a short while I must say that I am really impressed with how the tweeters sound. They make drums sound so much nicer than my old speakers - particularly the cymbals. However, I did notice the slightest sibilance from CBC news this morning. As if the sports/weather woman isn’t annoying enough already.

I do wish that I had better placement options though. I can only put about 4.5 feet distance between the M60s and can't place them at symmetrical distances from the sidewalls. I'm sitting about 9 feet from each speaker and the room is about 16X12 feet with the speakers and listening area along the longer wall. To make matters worse, I can't have them more than about 10-12 inches from the back wall. In spite of all this, they still sound excellent.

Question, do you think that I would need to angle them in a bit (many people seem to recommend this) given that they are only 4.5 feet apart?

All the best,

J