I wanted to upgrade my computer speakers, so I decided to get some really nice stuff, and maybe went a little overboard .

First thing was a receiver. I will be going analog out from the soundcard primarily. I got an Outlaw 1070 because it's bad-ass, plus it has bass managment on the analog inputs. I'll be using only 2-channels at first, and almost bought their 2-channel retro receiver, but it isn't available for another "80 days" according to customer service. No big deal, I'll probably go 5.1 in the future anyway- even if it's just for games like BF2.

For speakers I went with Axiom M2's (2 of them), and an Outlaw LFM-2 subwoofer. I wavered between the M2 and the M3, and went with the M2 for it's slightly smaller footprint. These will be sitting on my desk so I didn't want them to be too big.

This system will have two duties- gaming and music- not so much for movies. I have a huge collection of mp3s and listen to them often, plus of course BF2 and other games/sims. I have an "X-fi" soundcard that is very nice quality, and I think will work well with this system. I think I went overboard, but oh well I like nice stuff.

Oh yeah, I own an Axiom system already. I have a M22/VP150/OS8/STF-2 system that I LOVE. Currently it's being powered by my trusty Yamaha RX-V2400, and does 90% movie/TV duty.