I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and make my first foray into the world of HD. I am likely getting the KDS50A2000 when it comes out next week. Early word on the already released 60" model is good, but I just don't have the space for it with my current setup. The TV would have to go to a different wall, which would also mean there is no good location for my surrounds to go. Anyway....my question is about the center channel. I will get this stand or something similar. [url=http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?CategoryName=tv_StandsScreens_36"to70"TVStands&ProductSKU=SURS11M&TabName=specs&var2=]Sony Style 50" Stand[/url]

The center would go on the shelf right below the TV. Anyone see as issue with sound quality moving it down there? It won't sit on top of the TV, and I really don't know where else I could put it. FMB from the ceiling isn't really an option because the TV backs to an open staircase, so it just wouldn't look right coming down the steps. For the same reason, I can't build a shelf above the TV, since it is not a full wall, so there would be no where to mount the shelf. The TV itself will probably just fit height wise so that it doesn't stick up above where the stair wall slants down. If it does a little I'll live with it, but there certainly wouldn't be room for a shelf.

This is all just my long winded way of saying does anyone see any issues, and if so, any better options? The only thing I can think of is to try to tilt the center up a little, to aim it more towards our heads, if there is even space for that, since shelving space height wise might be a little tight as well.

And just to throw this in, is everyone that got the XBR1 from Sony last year still happy with their set?