Got them for $1600 shipped off of audiogon.

http://thasp.removed.us/stereo for pictures.

I accidentily crushed my cables by not putting the spikes on and putting the cables on, since the plugs are on the bottom. I had to try raw cable but man this receiver is a royal pain in the ass to use that with, so I bought new cable this morning. The cable thing was horrible but these are awesome, when I get the cables cut for the axioms since this receiver has speaker 1/2 feature I will do side by side comparison.

When the HSU STF-2 was at a normal volume level along with the speakers it was inaudible. I forgot these are linear down to 30 hz which is awesome. Stereophile's measurements show an upper bass peak and a 10 dB null at 9 KHz. Well, as many here probably already think, stereophile is the last thing someone looking for a hifi should read anyway. If these had that null I'd have heard it immediately. It's probably due to placement and room size, but the upper bass doesn't sound extentuated at all compared to the axiom/hsu combo.

All in all these are awesome speakers. The midrange driver is about four and a half inches, if that, and there is only one. It's amazing to play them loud, the one midrange driver there is so small but the soundstage ir presents, how it fills the room, the volume it can play at makes you think it was much bigger and that there were more than one. I've never seen a driver smaller than 5.25" on a hifi speaker before, that blew me away that it could sound like that with such a small driver.