Quote:

But sometimes you've heard all the arguments over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and you just want to state your opinion and be done with it and not have to hear the same old freaking thing again.

Everyone's heard all the sides. But as soon as you make a statement, there will be dissenting opinions. Stick a Jesus or Darwin fish on your car, someone will say something.

The only place you're going to not have a debate about any concrete statement is when you're in a place surrounded by like-minded people. Learned that last summer when I walked to my car with the "Union and Proud of It" banner across the back window after a wedding social for some friends of Lisa's that met at a Young Liberals convention. A young pair of grits getting it their car behind yelled out "Hey look, the NDP are here"... bit of jawing back and forth... I got into the car pretty pissed off that they'd felt the need to find offense in it, I didn't spend the whole night pointing out the drawbacks and foibles of all the Lib senators and MPs that were there.

One of the other people in my group put it into perspective, "Bren... at least you know they've evolved and are capable of speech these days"... then seriously she added "you know how hard it is to get two people to agree on dinner, never mind politics?"

Now if someone takes issue with my vehicular statement, I'll engage in debate, and leave their mother's promiscuity with barnyard animals out of the discussion.

Bren R.