Just got my Yammie DVD-C750.

I have confirmed that it plays DVDs, CDs, and SACDs. Woo.

I mean, it lifted bloated veils and gave me fat shimmering highs. Wait...

Basically, I'm happy that it appears to have random play to some degree on CDs (and kinda not really on SACDs), and it saves location on up to 10 discs. Also, the remote is much better than I expected--fairly ergonomic, and pretty responsive, when I'm not trying to fire it through a Kleenex box.

Picture seems just fine, but c'mon--I've got an old 27" CRT.

I did have some fun with cabling. I decided to use my big fat Radio Shack ultrapremium mondo cables for the fronts and center, and cheapo cable for everything else--it's what I had handy! However, when I put in DSOTM yesterday, I noticed that I wasn't exactly getting sound out of the fronts, center or subwoofer. Turns out the rat shack cables have connectors that are too tight. I didn't even realize that I hadn't gotten them fully connected! So I pulled out that cable, and used the cheap pos that came with the changer. Worked just fine...

So anyway, I'm thinking about getting a set of composite and a set of component cables from Monoprice and just using those (for the 6 channel audio), but I have to find out--are the connectors absurdly tight?

Also, if anyone has an H/K 525 and is using it with a DVD-A/SACD unit, how do you set up bass management? The manual says the H/K's crossover is still active, but I can't set it, and can't confirm that it is. I don't want to live with a 120 Hz crossover!

Ramble ramble ramble ramble...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!