I had a Denon AVR-1804 powering a pair of M22ti's a VP100 and a HSU STF-2 until they were stolen last week. As I go to replace gear I just have a couple questions.

The first one stems from my old receiver. The 1804 was great for stereo.. powerful, clean and had all the features I ever needed. Plug in a DVD however, and it seemed like it took a lot more juice to get the speakers up to the same volume. The signal came from the same Sony 5-disc DVD player via an optical cable so it just didn't make sense. I had good volume in stereo at about -30, it took about -15 to match that for home theater... is this normal? I want the newer version of the 1804 which is the 1907 but wanted to see if this was normal or not before sticking with Denon.

Okay, second question... I want to upgrade from my M22's to the M60's because I want more "punch." I thought I would ask owners if they get a lot more punch from the M60's over the M22's. I will be pairing with a EP350 I think because the EP500 is just too much right now. Also, will the Denon AVR-1907's 85 watts drive the M60's satisfactorily?

Thanks in advance.