I am pretty sure it is all 14 guage. Which rules out the 20amp breaker (that kinda sucks). half of the wires were already run into the theatre room when I bought the house, So i had no control over the 14 guage. I also had no idea what i wanted at the time, I was so busy closing the deal that I had no time to research all the wiring stuff. Then my father in-law came down to help me dry-wall (he used to dry wall for a living), So I had to decide quick what I wanted for outlets in the room.

I have decided to run all the lights in the room on their own breaker, and run one more cable for the 2 back outlets and the projector outlet. In all reality, there will probably not be anything plugged into thoese other outlets at the back of the room (they will be behind couches...).

So here is what I have now:

1 x 15a for 2 outlets at the front under the screen which will power my reciever, dvd player, xbox360.

1 x 15a on the right hand side wall that can be used if the front outlets get over powered. I will probably stick the sub on this breaker.

1 x 15a for the 7 pot lights

1 x 15a for the back 3 outlets (only 1 will be used, and that is the projector, at most, there may be a lamp of some kind on the other outlets.

I think I am pretty much covered, lol. 4 x 15a breakers in a 14 x 16 room? At least I will never regret anything!

-Hutz

Last edited by Hutzal; 08/23/06 04:18 PM.