dont worry too much about the specs. I can almost certainly guarantee that the axioms will sound better without knowing anything about your current speakers simply because techniques doesnt and probbly hasnt ever made a high end speaker. I would probbably upgrad to the M60 over the 50. You will probably notice seemingly less bass output because the techniques likely have overemphasised bass response.

the frequency response is rated at 16db below average level. Which traslates in my mind to + or - 16 db..... That is...very poor to say the least. What a frequency response is, is the range of audio frequencies a speaker can reproduce, they are graphed by the amount of output in deibels. I believe the axioms are rated at + or - 3db which means that there might be a frequency on the graph that responds 3db lower than the rest. or higher than the rest. If i read techniques one their speaker responds with some frequencies being as low as 16db less or more. This is ALOT. A flat frequency response is much more desirable than one that is not flat.

The axioms are a speaker made for music with sound in mind, they weight more, use better parts and have been engineered. The techniques are a speaker used to produce sound. accurate sound. no. they probbably havent even been engineered, rather throwin in a box with off the shelf drivers and sold. The average person is perfectly happy with this. But i think once you hear the axioms compared to what you have now you will never look back.

Last edited by Haoleb; 08/25/06 01:57 AM.