I've got a refurb 635 and its been nothing but trouble. Going to the shop for the second time after having it for a month and being able to use it for 2-3 days total. I've heard of a few people having similiar problems with HK refurbs. That said people have had good luck with the warraty support-one person even got a brand new 640 after an experience almost identical to mine. If this next trip to the shop doesn't fix it I'm going to demand at least an exchange for another one.

I tell you what though-once I get it fixed I'm going to be really happy. I also bought a Yamaha 2500-I'm planning on selling the one I like the least. The sound on the HK is significantly better than on the Yamaha using my low to mid end 5.0 bookshelf setup in my condo. I'm not sure how they'll compare when I move and get my Axioms. I did get a bad first impression of the Yamaha. It has those gimmicky environmental audio modes and a particularly echoy one was enabled by default-which may be clouding my judgment. If it weren't for how good this HK sounds I'd be demanding my money back.