I'm abandoning my old post, since the topic had wandered beyond the original focus.

The home theater in my new under-construction home (which is slowly approaching completion) is coming along nicely. Between the wife ("No, you are not putting those speakers out in the open in my living room!") and the carpenter ("You want 2-1/2 by 4-1/2-foot cabinet doors on this thing? Good luck with them staying straight for more than a few months?" -- who knew that "CAF" would be a factor in all of this?) I had to make some serious acoustic concessions. I'm sure (I hope ) that it still sounds great. For reference, anything without wood on the back will have a door(s) installed in front of it.

In my eagerness to get everything together, I've also thrown together a wiring diagram.

So far, the only things I actually own are the in-wall surrounds, the PS2, and the old DVD player & VCR (eventually to be replaced by a HTPC). Also, since the cutout for the TV is fitted to my TV choice, I'm pretty committed on that also. The Faroudja scaler & 1080p passthru on the Pioneer AV Receiver lured me away from my original Denon 2807 choice.

Taking into account everything that I'm more-or-less stuck with at this point (the already-purchased surround speakers and the Panasonic TH-58PX60U plasma), any recommendations on wiring or equipment choices?

Thanks!