>>Honestly, I don't think I would know the difference between the M60s and M50s. They have the same basic configuration, but the M60s could probably go louder. Much like M60 vs M80. I would assume that all three speakers sound quite simliar, just more suited to various room sizes.

I had the chance to perform comparison testing between M2s, M3s and M60s. The M50s are supposed to sound quite similar to M3s (which are very highly regarded) except with more/flatter bass extension and the ability to play more loudly.

While there were obvious bass differences between M3 and M60, the only difference in the other frequencies was that female vocals sounded a bit more "forward" (literally, they sounded like they were perhaps two feet closer to the listener) on the M60s.

I think F107 then commented that vocals on his M50s sounded about a foot closer than on his M3s, so we concluded that vocals on M50s should sound about a foot further away than on M60s.

This whole "forward/backward" thing is another way of saying that the midrange frequencies corresponding to female vocals are just a tiny bit louder on M60s than on M50s, and both are a tiny bit louder than M3s. Our understanding from the Axiom folks is that this is caused by the use of 6.5" woofer/midrange speakers, whose off-axis response in this frequency range is not quite as flat as the 5.5" midrange on the m60.

In other words, "all three speakers sound quite similar". There are characteristic differences between them but they are very small.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8