Thanks for the info. I suspect there is nothing I can do about this and I will have to go back to my center speaker with my surround system (ugh!! takes up more room).

It is a delay between the tv speakers and the right/left. The center (or tv speakers in this case) I thought should be primarily speaking/voices and the right/left should be background sounds, however, my right/left also have the same voices/sounds as the center (although slightly muted) which is where the echo is coming from. Also, my tv audio setup has the ability to assign the tv speakers as a center channel so the tv is not communicating at all with my receiver. All audio communication to the receiver comes from the cable box. Does this sound like a difference in the time it takes the 2 separate devices to process the audio signal...which I can do nothing about? If this is the case, why is it even an option on the tv to make it the center channel?

Here's another separate question. I can no longer get certain audio modes on my receiver (i.e. DSP modes) when using the cable audio input...is that because I have a hi-def (optical cable) connection/signal for that input? If I want to use a DSP mode would I have to have a separate (non-optical) input?

Thanks again.