Last night I finally got the speakers set up in the new room and ran into a problem I had not thought of. I ran component and HDMI to my projector thinking that would be all I’d need. The HDMI cable goes directly to the Oppo and the component goes to the 7300. I could not get the OSD to pop up via component and ended up stringing a coax cable from the monitor “out” port on the HK to the projector.

When the HK was set up in the other room, I had just about every input/output the thing had with a cable in it just because I was always experimenting with it. I never took the time to figure out which output the OSD travels on.

I’m seeing a rather large pain in the ass here. Isn’t there an easier way to pull up the OSD and tweak something than having to change display devise input, and toggle back and forth between the DVD player, Projector and AVR?? And is there a way to get the OSD to carry on the component, or will I have to pull another cable to the projector?

The Avia test disk is pretty much worthless at this point seeing how I have to flop the projector’s input back and forth just to see what the heck I’m tweaking.