I used to be in the Blu-Ray camp, but the more I read and judging by the software that is out there, I think HD-DVD will come out ahead. Take the upcoming Superman Returns HD-DVD/DVD/Blu-Ray - The HD-DVD version will have both the HD and standard DVD format on one disk, along with all of the extras that can be found on the 2 disc DVD. Also, the HD-DVD will also feature Dolby Plus. The Blu-Ray on the other hand, will not have a DVD side and only promotes standard Dolby 5.1. I don't own either machine, but for me it is a no-brainer - I am picking up the HD-DVD version because I can still watch the DVD side and it is the same price as the standard 2 DVD set. Obviously, I would be more inclined to choose a HD-DVD machine in the future.

It looks like Blu-Ray snatch defeat from the hands of victory - they really blew it with the 5th Element. That should have been a home run, instead most people are going back to their Superbit DVDs. Let's not forget the hardware issues Blu-Ray is having as well and the fact that their cheapest player is almost twice that of the cheapest HD-DVD.