My brother is looking at getting some headphones, he picked up a $180 pair of Bose headphones (OUCH) at futureshop and I told him to take them back RIGHT AWAY!

I suggested to him to check out AKG, although they are more for studio use. I am not well versed in the average consumer level of headphones, only studio where most of the headphone designs are not fully closed.

He is looking to spend around $200, either on ebay or off of ebay.

I was thinking AKG's line of DJ headphones might be worth a look, they can be had under $200.

What do you guys think? He is no Audiophile by any means but if he notices that I think his heaphones are inadequite, he will quickly convince himself that he needs something better.

I personally have some Sony studio headphones at home that have served me well. I think he wants something that is more practical, not TOO big, mostly for home use and on airplanes, he needs a closed headphone.

I did find a company called Beyerdynamic that has been raved about by the steriophile group, but they are mostly UK and are harder to get in Canada as a reasonable price.

Thanks!

-Hutz

Last edited by Hutzal; 10/02/06 04:55 PM.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com