Hey graphicsman,
Well the talk of other speakers for the center is concered with my small room and reducing the price of the system a little. I think I'll go with the VP100 since it's a specifically designed center channel. I don't think I'll have a need for the extra power of the VP150 for quite some time, so I'll stick with this for now and maybe upgrade later. When I get everything set up and sounding good, you're welcome to drop by for a listen. I hope you plan on returning the favor .

Okay, new issue open for discussion. I've been scrambling to try and find a good deal on the RX-V659 here in Canada, and nothing seems to be cheap. All the stores I can find that carry it are Authorized Yamaha dealers, so they're set at $699. Importing from the US is an option, but with the reveiver costing $325-400 US and another $200 or so of shipping of duties/taxes, it''s no longer a great deal and also won't come with warranty. But, after some shopping, I found Futureshop has the Yamaha HTR5960 (nearly identical to the RX-V659, just no Zone 2 capabilities) and the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV on sale for $599 (both $100 off). I was considering the Pioneer before but due to price difference, I decided on the Yamaha. So it's up for grabs again since they're going to be the same price in the end. Now the deal gets a little better. If I go over to Bestbuy, which also sells the two models, I can pricematch and they also offer 10% of the reduced price. I figure that I may be able to talk them into giving me 15% off which would bring either units down to ~$510 + tax. So that sounds like a good enough deal since I would get the warranty and I have a 14 day grace period if I decide to return it for some reason.

So what do you guys think, Yamaha HTR5960 or Pioneer VSX-1016TXV?

____________________________ M22 VP100 QS8 EP500 Yamaha HTR-5960