Hello from Central Ohio!

I'm upgrading from my old stereo system to one that I'd like to be real nice for music but also acceptable for HT. Got a great deal on a new Yamaha 5660, and after talking with an Axiom person am considering a setup as follows: M60s and VP150 in front, QS8 surrounds, EP350 sub.

I KNOW the 5660 is only 85 watts, and I KNOW the M80s would probably not get enough power for me to appreciate them (or maybe even to notice the difference over the M60s), but supposedly the receiver could handle them and the "Tim the Toolman" part of me wonders if I should just get the M80s instead of the M60s. The Axiom person said the 80s would primarily differentiate themselves from the 60s at high power/high volume and that's not what I'm really looking for. I'm striving for a solid, moderate-volume, well sounding system with good speakers. Would appreciate any thoughts from you kind folks about this...this is a great board and doesn't seem to have some of the "high end elitism" I've seen so far on other boards.

BTW, my current "system" is a 10 year old Technics receiver with similar aged Bose AM-5, so I think anything I've mentioned above will be a significant step up.

Thanks in advance and take care!

Larry
Columbus, Ohio