>>On the flip side, the M22 have lack in the lower end (so I hear), so will that be deceptive as well?

In a moment of confusion, I once downloaded all the frequency response charts from Soundstage and overlaid them on top of each other to get a better understanding of how all the Axiom models compared. The results were surprising. The M22 actually puts out a bit *more* output at most frequencies below 100 Hz :

- M2 is flat to about 80-90 then drops like a stone

- M3 bumps up quite a bit and then drops off fairly quickly

- M22 is completely flat then drops off less quickly than either M2 or M3... or maybe it drops partway and levels off for a while, I forget...

Anyways, apparently the M3 *sounds* like it has a lot more bass because of the slight bump in the 100-150 Hz range, but in practice the M22 is very close. I was surprised how close the M3s and M60s sounded for casual listening...

I'm glad I don't have to choose reference speakers -- when I look at all the crappy stuff people normally use to listen to music... it seems like the kind of decision-making that would lead a rational person to despair.

Last edited by bridgman; 10/25/06 01:28 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8