Hi everyone. This looks like a great board. I realize this kind of question gets posted all the time, but I thought I'd give this a try.

I just finished reading Laurie's thread "Yeh, I know but please give recvr advice anyway." Her final choices are, well, wow. I'll be going with the same panel, the Panasonic TH-50PH9UK, but the other parts, the Yamaha RX-V2700 receiver, Axiom Epic 60-500 speakers. Whew. I'm in awe. The idea of a $1600 receiver and 3K of speakers puts me into a state of woozy flabbergastedness (level 7). Still, I'm wondering if I should wait and save for such goodness or if something a step down (or two) would still be pleasantly mind-blowing, and maybe maybe more appropriate for our living room.

So here's my situation. Any advice welcome. 19'x12' living room, carpeted, nearly 9' ceiling, doors in one side leading to dining room, etc.

At first, I was thinking of a m22/vp100/qs4/ep350 setup, with maybe an Onkyo TX-SR604, or perhaps a Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver. (for classical, jazz, Celtic; sci-fi/LOTR, etc.)
Any thoughts? Would a move up to a vp150 and or qs8 make a tremendous difference? Would a move up further still to M50s or M60s redefine my aural universe?

My living room is significantly smaller than Laurie's 27x13.5, so would an Epic 60-500 be loony overkill?

I've strayed a bit. My main question here though is indeed about the receiver. I've been looking hard at the Onkyo TX-SR604 as it has a nice price, decent reviews, plenty of features. Wiser to step up to the Yamaha?

Any advice/opinions greatly appreciated.
Anthony