Thanks for the well-wishes! It's really no big deal, just a day-surgery thing for a hernia. I just thought it was a perfect excuse to (finally!) try some gaming since I'll be laid up a bit! My wife didn't buy the line that I could spend a week or two listening to the improved bass of an EP500 over my current 350... so I settled!

Regarding:
Quote:

Can you share with me what/where you worked this deal? I'm not seeing any deals on the Xbox, so would love to leverage your deal if at all possible.

I wish I had some great secrets to pass along, Rich. Circuit City was offering a free wireless controller (worth $50) and Best Buy was offering a $20 gift card. I went to BB and they matched CC's controller and still gave me the $20 card as well, which they applied instantly to one of the games. I had a 12% off "reward zone" coupon and for some reason, she took off $10 as a new "reward zone" member, though I've evidently been a member for a month or two and never signed up for it in the first place(!). In addition, I had some McDonald's "Best Buy Dollars" (been on the road a lot the last couple of weeks) that were worth $18 and some $30 or so credit on a gift card that had been lying around.

So, no real secrets, but I probably would have bought the second controller anyway, and I never seem to see the unit for anything other than $400 so getting the controller, free gift card, 12% and then that additional $10 worked out pretty well.

Knowing a had some of those McDonald's things in my wallet and the partially-used gift card already was just that much of a bonus.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::