>>Sonofabitch!!!!! them dirty rotten ........

and I supose HDMI 2.0 will have to take a new chip as well.>>

Yes, HDMI 1.2 Is probably a new chip as well I think. Just because your receiver will have HDMI 1.1 ( I would check on that because 1.1 is pretty much on all newer receivers) doesn't mean you can't still use the HDMI technology in the future, You just won't get the full benefits. (For your info, HDMI 1.2 came and went pretty fast I think)

Right now, the only multimedia machine with HDMI 1.3 is the Playstation 3 and I think the newer versions of HD DVD players from Toshiba have the 1.3 chip set.

I am not sure when the new recievers with the 1.3 chipset will start to roll out, but It will probably be up to at least 6 months from now because the playstaion 3 production is consuming nearly all the HDMI 1.3 chips that are being manufactured (read this somewhere too, haha).

The double whammy is that your display needs HDMI 1.3 as well to give you the added benefits. So since you have a Panny AE900 and the Oppo 971 (both with HDMI 1.1 probably) you shouldn't worry about HDMI 1.3 until you want to upgrade your projector and reciever and Oppo (to the Oppo 981 Which I think will have HDMI 1.3).

SO the bottom line is, don't worry about HDMI 1.3 for now, by the time it is widely available to the public, it will probably be late 2007 and then you can decide to upgrade your display to a HDMI 1.3 and your Reciever to HDMI 1.3.

And if you want to upgrade your projector, then by that time you should probably get a 1080p projector with HDMI 1.3.

The List goes on and on!!

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com