How come NOBODY ever mentions the M40 or M50 in these instances? It seems like most Axiom owners don't acknowledge those models as viable options for larger spaces. I've read (and re-read) the boards on these topics, including the wonderful comparisons offered. I guess my renewed question is, for those who are in a position to comment, is there EVER a case (based on more than just budget) where the M40 or M50 might be a good fit either for home theatre or based on certain musical preferences?

I'm still in the agonizing stage (ready to order in about a month after a move). I've always wanted floorstanders, but am having trouble stretching my budget for the M60's. And I'll have to buy a sub eventually anyway, because we do 70/30 home theatre over music. So, my quandary is between the M40, M50 and M22. I understand that everyone adores the imaging of the M22, but neither me nor the missus wants stands (kids and dogs).

Is the preference for the M22/M60 dependent AT ALL upon musical taste? I know Sushi will be appalled, but I listen to virtually no classical, gravitating towards modern art rock and jazz standards.

God this is driving me insane.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem