Howdy Everyone!
I could use some thoughts concerning my little "dilemma". My question is about acceptable speaker placement for good performance in a room that's a little off as far as setup goes. I have a Sony DAV-DZ100 surround 5 speaker system plus the sub. The room is roughly 29x23 with a vaulted ceiling that is about 16 ft. in height down to about 4 ft. at the low point. The usable listening area is about 15x23 with my point of reference at the back end of a rectangle in the opposite corner of my 36" tv and other components, with the tall wall to my left. To set everything "normally" throws everything a bit off kilter. Now to my question. Is there a problem with elevating the speakers (front and surround) up about 8 ft. and criss-crossing directions of each speaker, having the center speaker mounted on the top of the tv. and finding the proper place for the sub (I've read about finding slim and boomy areas and to find a compromise). What do you do with odd angles. My instinct tells me to improvise.
Thanks in advance.
Padge

SOUND----is to be heard!