A local audiophile is coming over to my place with his Axiom M3ti and we're going to be having a shootout between several speakers. I'm looking forward to hearing the M3ti since I've never heard this particular speaker and it's been a long while since I've heard an Axiom speaker (since I owned the M22ti).

We're going to be putting these on 31" Omnimount stands and positioned about 8feet from each other and the seating position (equilateral triangle). The M3ti will have the handicap of bass extension, so we will take that into account. What I will be looking for will be imaging, stage, and overall vocal focus (disregarding the bass).

The gear we will be using will include the following gear:

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player or Squeezebox 3 -> Cary Audio SLP-98 Tube Preamplifier -> Plinius SA102 Class A SS amplifier -> Axiom M3ti /or/ AV123 Strata Mini /or/ Martin Logan Summit

I will post pictures and thoughts from me and my friend later this week. We are hoping to get together on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks,
Joey

2-CH:
SB3+PSA DAC3/Scoutmaster TT -> Cary SLP98P -> Plinius SA102 -> Martin Logan Summit/AV123 Mini