Quote:

Now, without sounding like a fanboy... I did a bit of research, because it seems you have an axe to grind with Axiom... looked through your old posts, always want to hear the Axiom line, like to put them down, and you're very cavalier with the harsh words about the T-amp and anything other than what you own... is it something personal? Just wondering... honest, not calling you a troll or anything, just curious.

And on another level, maybe clean up the signal path before it reaches the speakers... poor audio having to go through all those 6SN7 dual triodes, surprised you could get any clarity at all.

Bren R.

That was a long time ago. And I truly think, as I said in my post, that the Axioms actually sound very good and very good for the price they charge. The account was not mine, unless I said it was.... it was Matts.

Keep in mind this isnt the ideal listening room, not even close. So you should take what was said with a huge grain of salt. It was merely a listening session, moreso than a true shootout.

Axe to grind? Come on man. No axe here at all. We both found the T-Amp impressive in that it was able to power the speakers to good volume, but as expected, it did not sound like the big gear... nor does anyone expect it to. There was audible distortion when pushed, Matt and I agreed to that.

No axe, seriously.

This is just another account of speakers, that's all. It's for fun, if not anything else. Take everything I said with a grain of salt.

The Axiom M3 held their own in some respects, they are superb for the price they charge. Very good imaging, very clean, very good with unravelling the details.

Joey

2-CH:
SB3+PSA DAC3/Scoutmaster TT -> Cary SLP98P -> Plinius SA102 -> Martin Logan Summit/AV123 Mini