Quote:

First of all, it's not supposed to be a fair comparison. I want to upgrade my speakers. The point of the comparison was to see how much better the Strata Minis are.

So you went into the listening session already assuming the Minis were better?
Like i said, blind testing, even if crudely done produces amazingly different results. There are no 'golden ears' lads.

Quote:

It is important to me to get away from the Axiom's bright sound. Call it forward, detailed, or whatever, but at times it seems shrill to me

I had found this as well with the Axioms YET in a blind test with other speakers, i did not choose which speaker was the Axiom when music was playing because the tweeters from the other brands actually had a greater level of detail. The Axiom tweeter in comparison (fast A/B switching) sounded almost muted. Amazing though how my brain thinks "Axiom--bright" yet when the images were taken away and the speaker put into comparison, i would use a word like "muted" to describe them.
Don't underestimate the power of the brain to direct the sub-conscious. We can be honest in our hearts but can our brain be honest with us?
Oooh, so profound.

I'm just waiting for Bren's next comment.

Plinius, oh Plinius? I think it sounds like a great name for a dog.

Last edited by chesseroo; 12/09/06 02:18 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."