Alright, first of all I should give you a little background information on the equipment I've gone through. My initial stereo was a sanyo reciever from the 80's with 60 watt papercone sanyo speakers. A few years ago, after being convinced by a salesman I bought a Onkyo DS595 reciever. At the time I thought that I was going to eventually do a 5.1 setup in my room with SACD's and the works. When I brought it home, I hooked it up to my crappy speakers and it did sound better. About a year later I started hunting for speakers, I was looking mainly at polk, kef, and reference klipsch. Then I stumbled on a dealer who had a pair of demo M80ti's and I bought them for $1000 cash. I brought them home, replaced my old sanyo speakers, and lo and behold, I heard clarity for the first time inside my house instead of a dealer's showroom.

A few months down the road, out of curiosity, I switched back to the reciever from the 80's and the music sounded a lot better. I didn't know why, but I figured that the Onkyo reciever was a piece of crap and sold it to a buddy for $250. That's when I started looking into seperates, I auditioned equipment from various companies once again; this time with a lot more scrutiny. I tried equipment from H/K, Aragon, Marantz, Bryston, some pro audio stuff from Bryston, QSC, and AB Int. Eventually I stumbled upon a company called Odyssey Audio; after talking to the owner (it's a online company based in the states) I decided to make the plunge and purchase one of their amps. It cost me almost $1500 with shipping, and that's what I have sitting in my room right now.

I love the sound of the amp, and the music it creates, I'm currently feeding it through a Mackie mixer; yes please don't laugh, I'm using one source and the tape loop. In any case, there are certain songs Eternal by Trans Syberian Orchestra comes to mind, which sound fatiguing. I borrowed a 16 band eq from a friend and if I lower the highest frequency the annoyance goes away. I've read about people saying that amps can be too analytical, and the Odyssey being a 60lb solid state monster could be one of those amps.

At the moment I'm looking for a good tube preamp to try with my system in order to fix the problem. I'm looking for an Audio Blues 7B MKII but those are so rare that I haven't seen one on audiogon or ebay in ages.

I suppose that my question is whether this would fix the problem, or if perhaps it's a bias problem w/ the amp? if anyone know what a bias problem would sound like.

BTW, I'm 19 years old, and I suppose that I can hear higher frequencies than most audiophiles on here.

Rob.