Thanks for the tips! I will check again but I'm pretty sure I had disabled all of the extra processing. I can listen to DVD-A/SACD in two ways on the receiver, either through the digital input or the multi-channel. The digital input is only two-channel stereo - the receiver does the processing and it sounds great.

If I want true,pure multi-channel SACD/DVD-A surround sound, I've got to use the multi-channel inputs and those are not processed in any way by the receiver. And it's that signal where the sub seems too quiet. I also double checked to make sure that the speakers are set to 'Small' on the DVD player, as if they were large it would be routing bass to the mains.

It's not that big of a room, only about 2700 cu/ft. The acoustics are pretty bright though, with lots of windows, hardwood floors and walls.

Quote:

First, I would make very certain that there is no mode for processing the DVD-A/SACD analog ins in your receiver. In mine, I can do bass management, etc on the receiver side of things if I switch it to the correct mode. That's your best case answer.

Other than that, it's a little game of finding the right balance.

BTW, gotta say--40-60% volume on a subwoofer! Man, that's a big room.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 01/08/07 04:45 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office