I've posted several times recently... as I am "about" to buy a setup, and I'm pretty much settled on the Axiom Epic 60/500 setup, in 5.1 config.

The only other serious option (and it is second place) is a setup with the B&W 600 series speakers, 603 mains, LCR 600 center, DS6 surrounds, and still the Axiom EP500 sub. (Not interested in any B&W subs... EP500 seems the way to go, with SVS in second.)

Does anyone have any direct comparison info to share on Axiom M60s/VP150/QS8s vs B&W 600s3, LCR600s3, DS6s3? Obviously, seeing as this is the Axiom forum... I'm expecting pro-Axiom responses (and again... I'm strongly leaning toward Axiom), but I'm hoping someone might have had the opportunity to try both out. I'm sure the B&Ws are pretty darn good as well as the Axioms.

One of the main benefits to the B&W, honestly... is a lame one. The physical aspects of the floorstanders are better for my setup. They are moderately smaller (2" shorter, 1.25" narrower, and 3" shallower), and the port is on the front. I won't be getting much, if any, wall separation on the floorstanders, and I think the front ports and slightly shallower size would be helpful.

Also... I like the DS6s switchable monopole/dipole configuration, but there are almost NO reviews on those speakers, and obviously the QS8 is very highly regarded.

Unfortunately, my local B&W retailer (who doesn't have a full setup in stock) isn't in the position to let me demo a 5.1 setup for a month, unlike Axiom (though I don't intend on shipping back a full system), so I'm looking for any info anyone might have.

Anyway, hoping someone either has some personal experience, or knows of some reviews that I somehow missed comparing any of the B&W 600s3 speakers to Axioms.

(And I did try the search function on the forums prior to posting... either I don't know what I'm doing, or the search function stinks, or no one has really covered this topic here.)

Thanks in advance.