What gets me about buying computers at best buy is;
If you want to add more memory, and do it yourself, they try to tell you the warranty is void, if you are not certified to repair computers. then they tell you they will install the memory for about $50 or so. Give me a break. I've never exercised the warranty on the few store bought pc's I have deal with, so I have no idea if they actually void the warranty, but they do have that sticky tape that alerts them the box has been opened.

Another thing that annoys me is all the 'bloatware' or trial versions of software installed on new pc's. I feel it is nothing more than advertising. I wonder how much the manuf gets for selling that little bit of real estate on the system tray. I do realize it ultimately translates to a lower cost for the consumer though. On a pc I will be maintaining, the first thing I do is wipe the hard drive and install the OS from a regular installation disk, not the restore disk. Yea you have to locate the drivers and such, but it puts the pc at a known starting point for the inevitable troubleshooting that follows. Note this probably voids the warranty also.

Randy

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4