Hello everyone,
This is my first post here and I just want to say that this is an awsome and very informative message board!!
Well for starters I just sold my old Onkyo tx-915 receiver(stereo) not to long ago and replaced it with an Onkyo 760 home theater from circuit city. I already know that you guys are laughing at me but I am on a budget. The home theater system I purchased consists of an Onkyo HT-R510 6.1 receiver (110 watts per channel), a front center speaker ,front left and right speakers, rear satelite speakers with a rear center as well. I love the system, especially for the price which was 449.99 before taxes. This is originally a 750.00 system . Oh yeah, it also came with a 8" sub but i sold that to my friend and kept my old 12" MTX psw101B amplified sub. This system is in my bedroom which is 9ft X 11FT with marble floors. One of my buddies is a hardcore audiophile guy and he got me into this hobbie after I bought my new 27" Sony flat tube, so I blame him for me starting to spend money on all this home theater stuff, but I am having a blast!! I am already looking at upgrading all of my speakers to Paradigm monitors. My questions were, what do you guys think about paradigm? Will my receiver power these ok? Also, what do you think of my setup as far as the size of my room? What are the ups and downs about my room as far as sound goes? Sorry for the novel. Thanks in advance!