I heard the Studio 100 once at a dealer. I asked to compare it to the studio 20 which is comparable to the m22ti I have at home. This was before I bought my CS3.6.

I thought it was fuller overall than the 20. It sounded the same, just bigger, fuller, and nicer, which is what I expected since it was a much larger cabinet and more drivers. Male vocals on each sounded kind of weird if it was a low vocal, though.

I have never directly compared the studio 20 to my m22tis. they sounded similar, but since I could not A/B in the same room, my opinions on the matter aren't much.

The M22ti has been said to sound almost the same as the studio 20, so if the M80 is a bigger version of the M22, in theory, the studio 100 and m80 should sound pretty similar.. but theory and listening is a big difference.

If you're willing to spend the money on the 100s, I'd buy a 5.1 axiom setup including m80s, or a used set of thiel 3.6s for stereo. Either one will kick the hell out of new studio 100s, IMHO both valuewise and soundwise. However, asking that on an Axiom forum isn't exactly going to get you an unbiased answer.

Last edited by Thasp; 02/05/07 12:36 AM.