Hi folks, quick history.
I'm like many who have posted about how much they love thier Axiom speakers but now realize that thier inherant accuracy now makes listening to most MP3s almost unbearable now that they can actually hear the compression loss.

I used to really enjoy playing mixes of random tunes from a PC and choosing these tunes on my TV screen with a remote. The phsycadelic add ons on my 46" widescreen were also cool.

One option is to by a megasized new hard drive and do the same thing with the pure .wav files taken from all my CDs.

I've also been reading up on ther compression formats that promise better sound quality than MP3. There are the mainstream ones but there are some smaller names making bigger claims.

For instance, "Monkey's Audio" promises lossless audio quality at 60% compression. WinAmp compatible with an add on. They have a section explaining the math behind the theory but I don't have the patience to go through it as it looks like a physicists blackboard and my skills are pretty rusty.

Anybody out there experimenting with 'better' compression tools or is CD the bare minimum solution for you guys and I'll take a virtual whipping for asking?

Murph

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.