The system is almost complete. I ordered the QS8s today after word of my bonus being extra sweet this year. It leads me to a question though as now I actually have a choice.

I was experimenting with 7.1, only because I could. I was using HK bookshelves for my surrounds mounted near the ceiling just slightly behind the couch, closer to even almost. Since I had them sitting around, I also used some Sony satellites for rears. My room is everything it shouldn't be. Almost square at 16x15', wood floors, and very little to diffuse or break up reflection, at least for now.

Anyways, I found the little rears a waste of time. I never heard any rear effects from them unless I cranked the levels on them way up to the point they were annoying.

Soon the HK bookshelves will be freed up. They didn't impress me either for surrounds. Great sounding speakers but I played with angles and couch position and levels and I just wasn't happy. My up front section Rules! but I am really missing out on surround effects.

Do you think it might be worth trying them as rears or is my room to blame. Of course it never hurts to try stuff so I will but just looking for comments. I'll just be happy if I get back to a good 5.1 system. The 7.1 is just for fun since I have extra speakers.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.