Hello all,

I ordered the VP150 a little while back. It arrived yesterday and was set up immediately. I'm thrilled with it. Obviously it is great for HT but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy it with standard 2-channel audio.

The kicker was that my girlfriend could actually hear the difference. This is coming from someone who couldn't tell the difference between my old JBL bookshelves and the M60s when they arrived last summer. Axiom must have really done something right with the 150.

Oh, as an aside, I have a friend coming over who is a bit of a audio gear skeptic. I'm convinced that a decent system tends to highlight the flaws in poorly recorded / poor quality recordings. He doesn't believe me and thinks that that is something that music snobs say. I don't consider myself a music/audio snob but do enjoy having nice gear for listening to music. So, I thought that I would have him over and listen to good and bad recordings. Would any of you have some suggestions of either? Californication is on the chopping block as poorly recorded (over-compressed maybe). I seem to recall a thread about poorly recorded material somewhere. I'll go have a look.

Cheers,

J