Meh, a computer is a computer. It'll only do what it's programmed to do. Sure you get some lemons here and there. Sure some people like one GUI over another. Sure Windows has problems, but MacOS does as well and always has. Now that every major desktop OS is on the x86 platform your choice is mostly one of either taste or functionality.

Personally, I love the modern Mac GUI. And I love having that good ol' Unix terminal in there to do geek stuff on. But I am a gamer as well, so I have an XP/Vista machine. I refuse to tout one over the other because they both do what I want them to do and they do it well.

And now to the point. I ordered an AppleTV because with the HDD built in and HDTV output it seems like a great way to get our media onto the new TV. I don't know if $300 is too expensive or not. We'll just have to see. I'm not an aficionado of industrial design but it looks nice enough, better than many I suppose. My current Netgear unit streams only and has no HDD which causes problems at times and has no HDTV support at all. So we'll just see if this thing does the trick.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti