Quote:

Look, let's use logic, and common sense.

OBVIOUSLY, for "high end" speaker cable manufacturers (like Monster, etc.) to STILL be around after all these years...(I got my first set in the 70's)
MEANS,.....that there HAS to be something to it.

Ok, let's use logic and common sense. My response to the above statement is, Why? Why does something, anything, STILL being around after all these years prove that there HAS to be something to it?

Since inexpensive speaker wire has been around as many years, if not more years, than expensive speaker wire, couldn't the same argument be made in it's favor?

Quote:

IF they, and all the other brands,types, and configurations, did NOTHING.....then the very cables some of you guys seem to loath, would not exist.

First, I don't believe any of us "loathe" any particular cable. What we "loathe" is anyone spending an unnecessary amount of money on cables under the impression that extra expense is going to make their system sound better that any reasonably priced, well made, speaker cable.

I'm sure that $1200 speaker cables sound good, and would happily use them if given to me, or if I could get them for a reasonable price. It is my opinion, and I assume that of the others who agree with me, that well made $30 speaker cable will provide equally good sound. One could easily argue that those on your side of the argument "loathe" the inexpensive cable, since you would probably not use them at any price.

Quote:

EVEN IF my cables did nothing for the sound quality.....I would STILL buy them, (or a similar brand, and type) for the factory ends, wire gauge, and gold connectors,....... CLEARLY a superior signal pathway/connection.

And that brings up something I've said many times before. "Because I like it," and "because I want it" are two perfectly valid reasons for any purchase. No one need justify how, or on what, they spend their money. But, when recommending to others how, or on what, they spend theirs, I feel some justification is necessary. YMMV

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton