There are many Yamaha, Denon, and H/K users here. I run a Denon 2805, and am upgrading to a 2807 which has HDMI switching. Why don't you give us a list of components (TV, Cable/Sat receiver, DVD player) and a $$$ figure you are shooting for. That would help narrow the field. HDMI for better or worse is going to be the connection standard for the foreseeable future so a receiver that does HDMI switching is probably a requirement. Most good receivers will have at least 2 HDMI inputs. Some receivers have satellite radio and/or iPod "docking" ports built in. So a list of what you have now or plan to get would be helpful.

To echo John, pretty much all well-designed receivers will do the job fine. From what I've read here all of the middle-of-the-road Denon and H/K and Yammy receivers and higher will power the 4 ohm load of the M80s with no problem. The pertinent question is which features you want. And don't worry about "watts per channel." That's nearly the last spec you need to think about.

Late edit: I haven't heard alot about the Pioneers.

Last edited by LightninJoe; 02/21/07 02:34 AM.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22." "It's the best there is." M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 M3Ti