Ordered last week the Epic60 500 series to go with a Cary Cinema 11 and a Rotel 1075 that I recently purchased. Discovered last night that the Rotel is going to be too tight of a fit going into a bay that is 8 inches high. The Rotel turns out to be almost7.5 inches in height and the manual asks for four inches of clearance.
In talking to my Rotel dealer today one replacement choice is the Class D 1077 amp. Under three inches and also runs extremly cool.My concern is that he said class D amps are very edgy and must be very carefully matched to speakers . Make the wrong choice and it will sound like someone running their fingernail down a chalkboard.Before deciding on the Axiom's I was going with Paradigm Studio 60's that he sells.He noted that he has sold a number of Rotel 1077's with the Paradigms as they are very forgiving. As I found the Axiom's sounded very similiar to the Paradigms will the Rotel 1077 be a good choice with the Axioms?

Hoping to hear from a Axiom owner who is using the Rotel 1077. Talked to customer service this afternoon and it was noted that Axiom has used Panasonic products with Class D amps but no experience with the Rotel 1077.